Greetings! This year, we are celebrating the 9th year of the Colorado Advocacy in Action Conference (CAIA)! The Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CCASA) and Violence Free Colorado host the Advocacy in Action Conference for advocates and allied professionals.
The Colorado Advocacy in Action Conference is a place to share, discuss, and explore the connections and creative solutions essential in our efforts to address and end sexual and domestic violence. We are looking for presenters to address what survivors and communities really need, not just for intervention, but also for prevention and for social change.
We welcome workshops on advocacy beyond services. Here are some questions that you might consider as you prepare your presentation/proposal:
- What is the role of collaborations to best support and engage underserved communities in your area? How has your program innovatively worked with other kinds of service providers (faith, culturally specific, military, sports leaders, etc.) to meet the needs of traditionally marginalized survivors/communities?
- How can we work toward dismantling oppression that is at the root of gender violence?
- Practical application of content that allows attendees to learn in a safe space that allows for processing.
CAIA Conference Priorities:
Due to the high volume of proposals we receive, we ask that you select which of the following five priorities your workshop proposal will touch on when submitting your workshop proposal.
- Innovative Practices
- Intersectionality as a whole
- Trauma-Informed Care with a focus on Self-care
- Underserved Communities
Proposal: Tuesday, November 12, 2019 by 5pm (MT).
WORKSHOP LENGTH AND TRACKS
We are seeking proposals for 90-minute sessions in addition to extended length 150 minutes (2 1/2 hour) skill-building sessions. CAIA seeks presenters to speak on a variety of topics related to access to services, work with underserved populations, and non-profit administration. Unless you make a very strong case for an exception, all sessions are limited to a total of three presenters.
The 2020 Conference will be located at the Vail Marriott in Vail, CO. It will run two and a half days, Wednesday, June 10th through Friday, June 12th.
- The primary presenter for each workshop will be offered a free conference registration.
- Discounted co-presenter registrations if registered by the early rate deadline.
- We DO NOT provide hotel or travel reimbursement.
Presenters will be asked to provide an electronic copy of their presentation and/or handouts by May 15, 2020. We will post materials online for attendees. The presenter will be responsible for any paper copies that they choose to provide.
Please contact Marci Whitman, Conference Coordinator, at 303-521-0201 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Both the Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault (CCASA) and Violence Free Colorado strive to end violence through education, advocacy, and social change. Please visit our websites at www.ccasa.org and www.violencefreeco.org.